The Minor program switches baseball from purely instructional to a more competitive game. Players find their specific talents and begin to comprehend teamwork. We stress the importance of encouraging and helping teammates and exercising good sportsmanship.
Uniform package includes two jerseys, pants or knickers, and hat. Player needs to provide a black belt and black socks. Optional game hoodie is available from uniform vendor.
In their baseball bag they'll need:
- Bat - With player's arms stretched out like a T, place one end of bat at the center of his chest. They should be able to curl their fingers around the other end of the bat. Look for a -12 bat. This number represents the difference between the length of the bat and its weight.
- Batting helmet - Helmet should fit snug and include a face mask or a C-flap.
- Glove - should fit snugly and be comfortable and have 2" of space between the end of their index finger and the end of the glove.
- Cleats - molded rubber bottom
- Batting glove - should fit snug to help grip the bat