The Minor program switches baseball from purely instructional to a more competitive game. Players find their specific talents and begin to comprehend teamwork. We stress the importance of encouraging and helping teammates and exercising good sportsmanship.
Uniform package includes jersey, pants, and hat. Player needs to provide a black belt and black socks.
In their baseball bag they'll need:
- Bat - With player's arms stretched out like a T, place one end of bat at the center of his chest. They should be able to curl their fingers around the other end of the bat. Look for a -12 bat. This number represents the difference between the length of the bat and its weight.
- Batting helmet - Helmet should fit snugly and include a face mask or a C-flap.
- Glove - should fit snugly and be comfortable and have 2" of space between the end of the index finger and the end of the glove.
- Cleats - molded rubber bottom
- Batting glove - should fit snugly to help grip the bat